618
So what's this?
A Taster's Choice moment between guys?
619
This is really nice. You got a thing
for swans? Is this, like, a fetish?
620
Is it something, like, maybe
we need to devote some time to?
621
- Thought about what you said to me the other day. About my painting.
- Oh.
622
Stayed up half the night
thinking about it.
623
Something occurred to me.
624
I fell into a deep, peaceful sleep
and haven't thought about you since.
625
- You know what occurred to me?
- No.
626
You're just a kid. You don't have the
faintest idea what you're talking about.
627
- Why, thank you.
- It's all right.
628
You've never been out of Boston.
629
Nope.
630
So if I asked you about art,
you'd probably give me the skinny...
631
on every art book ever written.
632
Michelangelo?
You know a lot about him.
633
Life's work, political aspirations.
Him and the pope.
634
Sexual orientation.
The whole works, right?
635
I bet you can't tell me what it
smells like in the Sistine Chapel.
636
You never actually stood there
and looked up at that beautiful ceiling.
637
Seeing that.
638
If I ask you about women,
639
you'll probably give me a syllabus
of your personal favorites.
640
You may have even been laid
a few times.
641
But you can't tell me what it feels
like to wake up next to a woman...
642
and feel truly happy.
643
You're a tough kid.
644
I ask you about war, you'd probably
throw Shakespeare at me, right?
645
"Once more into the breach,
dear friends. "
646
But you've never been near one.
647
You've never held your best friend's
head in your lap...
648
and watch him gasp his last
breath looking to you for help.
649
If I asked you about love,
you'd probably quote me a sonnet,
650
but you've never looked at a woman
and been totally vulnerable.
651
Known someone that could
level you with her eyes.
652
Feeling like God put
an angel on Earth just for you,
653
who could rescue you
from the depths of hell.
654
And you wouldn't know
what it's like to be her angel,
655
to have that love for her
be there forever.
656
Through anything.
Through cancer.
657
And you wouldn't know about sleeping
sitting up in a hospital room...
658
for two months,
holding her hand,
659
because the doctors
could see in your eyes...
660
that the terms "visiting hours"
don't apply to you.
661
You don't know about real loss,
662
'cause that only occurs when you love
something more than you love yourself.
663
I doubt you've ever dared
to love anybody that much.
664
I look at you. I don't see
an intelligent, confident man.
665
I see a cocky,
scared shitless kid.
666
But you're a genius, Will.
No one denies that.
667
No one could possibly understand
the depths of you.
668
But you presume to know everything about
me because you saw a painting of mine.
669
You ripped
my fucking life apart.
670
You're an orphan, right?
671
Do you think I'd know the first thing
about how hard your life has been-
672
how you feel, who you are-
673
because I read Oliver Twist?
674
Does that encapsulate you?
675
Personally, I don't give a shit
about all that, because-
676
You know what? I can't
learn anything from you...
677
I can't read
in some fucking book.
678
Unless you wanna talk about you,
679
who you are.
680
And I'm fascinated.
I'm in.
沒有留言:
張貼留言